Monday, March 24, 2008

In Living Color!

Life should have color. I'm not talking about televisions or phones or computers. I'm talking about your life. What does it look like in there? How does it feel? Is it all black and white? Sometimes we don't even realize we lack color until we see a glimpse of color somewhere else.

I'm old enough to remember the first day I watched television in color. Up until that time, black and white was perfectly fine. Then my parents bought a color TV and had it delivered to the house...on a school day.

Somehow, my brother and I both fell ill that morning. "Cough, cough, moan, moan...ohhh, Mom, I'm not feeling well. I don't think I can go to school," said Mark (he was older, so he had the main acting and speaking role). Mine was simpler, yet on an academy-award level, "Ohhhhh, me too, Mommyyyyyy."

Mom went back to her bedroom and had a conference with Dad. Mark and I had a prayer vigil. Dad came back to our room trying to contain his awareness of our condition. He knew what we had. Our televisionitis was as apparent as his smirkitis. But he checked with the little boy inside him and decided to let us get away with it.

After all...it was a color TV! Color makes such a difference. When color is absent, it becomes incredibly noticeable when it appears. During May and June, I don't ooh and aah at the grass, leaves, and flowers that decorate my drive to work. But in March, when earth first gives birth to spring, the colors seem so vivid and full of life.

Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have life more abundantly" (John 10:10). I think Jesus was saying, "I will give you life in living color!" You may not realize that you are seeing the world in black and white. But without Jesus, that's all you're seeing.

God wants to deliver life in living color to your heart's address. Open the door of your heart, believe that Jesus is God's Son who paid the price for your sin-sickness, and invite Him in to redecorate your life in living color. You'll be amazed at the difference.

Enjoying the View,
Perry Crisp

No comments: