Thursday, March 11, 2010

Join Us!

Dear Blog Readers,

I want to thank you for reading the thoughts that bounce around in my inner space as I talk about my Lord. It blesses me to see and hear from so many who want to spend more time with God. It also challenges me to stay fresh and consistent in my time in His Word. His Word never ceases to come alive and restore my soul.

This past November, God's Word came alive to me in a whole new way. My wife, Dorinda, and I were blessed with a magnificent gift. We were invited to go to the Holy Land with our dear friends, David and Cindy Dykes from Tyler! We had an amazing, unforgettable time seeing God's Word come alive right before our eyes.

David and Cindy are not able to lead a group this year and have graciously extended the use of their resources to us. So, Dorinda and I would like to invite you to prayerfully consider going with us to the Holy Land, October 31-November 9 of this year. We can take a small group of 35-45 friends (most groups are much larger and much less personal) to walk where Jesus walked.

I cannot find the words to describe what it means to see Jerusalem, to pray at the rock of agony where Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, to float in the Dead Sea, to stand on the Mount of Olives, Mount Masada, Mount Carmel, and in the Jordan River, to observe the Lord's Supper between Golgotha and the empty tomb, to worship on Sunday morning at the edge of the Sea of Galilee, and so much more.

A trip to the Holy Land will bring you closer to your Lord and His Word, and you will never read your Bible the same again. Can you imagine? When you read that Jesus went to Capernaum or got in a boat on the Sea of Galilee or was crucified at Calvary and rose again...and you can say, "I've been there! I have seen these places with my own eyes!"

Our ten day trip will start and end in the parking lot of our church, Lake Fork Baptist Church in Alba, Texas. A bus will take us to DFW airport. We will change planes in Newark, NJ and fly to Tel Aviv. Then we will spend 3 days in Jerusalem, one day at the Dead Sea, 3 days in Galilee (and surrounding areas), and stop by Megiddo, Mount Carmel, and the beautiful city of Caesarea on our way back to the airport in Tel Aviv.

Our price includes everything except lunch and souvenirs. All flights, tours, buses, hotels, large buffet breakfasts, large buffet dinners, and tips are included in the price of $3,599 per person. If you would like more information, I will gladly mail you a brochure. If you have questions, please email or call me. Or, if you are ready to sign up now and send in your deposit to reserve your spot, just send a check for $250 (per person) to: Travel Masters, 915 WSW Loop 323, Tyler, TX 75701 and let Sharon Howell know that you want to go to the Holy Land with Brother Perry.

I'm praying that God will put together a group of 40 people (a good Biblical number) to join us on a trip to the earthly homeland of our Savior. It would be wonderful to have you among that number of friends.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Brother Perry


Perry Crisp
Pastor
Lake Fork Baptist Church
Alba, Texas
903-473-9523
www.lakeforkbaptist.org
www.thismorningwithgod.blogspot.com

No comments: